Research Associate II | email@example.com
“By all means let’s be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.” – Richard Dawkins
What’s close to your heart?
My family, common sense and a sense of humor, doing the right things and doing them right!
How did you get here?
I have always been drawn to science (and not so much the kitchen ;). I always questioned and sought to understand things around me. Started my career as an author … writing software, which gave me the perfect opportunity to use my creativity, while my engineering background taught me how to build robust products. For over 20 years I worked as a developer, manager, and director at several hi-tech companies building hardware and software products for the telecommunication industry. Seeking some change and renewal in my professional life and determined to improve our health care I went back to school to upgrade my knowledge. I began my new career working in aspects of health economics & outcomes, pricing & reimbursement strategies, and post-marketing studies for the health care industry.
- International Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics, Pompeu Fabra University.
- Biotechnology Technologist (Research) Advanced Diploma (co-op) with High Honours Seneca College, Toronto, Canada
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs and Quality Operations Graduate Certificate with High Honours Seneca College
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with Honours, Technion Institute of Technology, Israel
At OpenLab I was involved in several projects, such as:
- Clinical Messaging – implementing and evaluating a platform to enable clinicians to communicate with their choice of the latest hand-held devices, with less disruption in a secure and intelligent manner
- Neurovascular Modeling – a study of Operational and Economic Impact of a Neurovascular Unit in an Acute Care Academic Hospital
Currently I lead the LifeguardRx/Mobile Feasibility Study – an evaluation of the feasibility of an innovative app designed to be a Virtual Health Assistant for patients, caregivers, and health care providers involved in caring for a patient.